Doomfist Arrives On Overwatch PTR, Not Voiced By Terry Crews
Sorry folks, not this time.
It was inevitable, Doomfist has arrived on the Overwatch Public Test Realm, however you may be a tad disappointed with the next bit of news.
Below is Doomfist's overview, so feel free to feast your eyes:
- Role: Offense
- Difficulty: Three Stars
- Overview: Doomfist’s cybernetics make him a highly-mobile, powerful frontline fighter. In addition to dealing ranged damage with his Hand Cannon, Doomfist can slam the ground, knock enemies into the air and off balance, or charge into the fray with his Rocket Punch. When facing a tightly packed group, Doomfist leaps out of view, then crashes down to earth with a spectacular Meteor Strike.
- Hand Cannon – Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. Its ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
- Seismic Slam – Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
- Rising Uppercut – Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
- Rocket Punch – After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall.
- The Best Defense… – Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
- Meteor Strike – Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.
- Real Name: Akande Ogundimu
- Age: 45
- Occupation: Mercenary
- Base of Operations: Oyo, Nigeria
- Affiliation: Talon
Akande Ogundimu was born into a well-regarded Nigerian family, heir to its prosthetic-technology company. A highly intelligent and charismatic figure, Ogundimu helped to expand his family's business and position it for the future while dedicating his free time to his first love: competitive martial arts. He trained in traditional African fighting styles, including Dambe and Gidigbo, as well as in wrestling and other modern combat systems, incorporating the most effective techniques into his repertoire. Ogundimu competed in tournaments all over the continent, utilizing his intuition and ability to read opponents alongside his tremendous speed and strength.
Eventually, Akande lost his right arm in the aftermath of the Omnic Crisis, and his martial arts career was finished before he had reached his prime. His company's cybernetic prosthetics allowed him to recover from his injuries, even making him stronger, but these enhancements rendered him ineligible for competition. He tried to devote himself to his business with the same zeal that he had for fighting, but he found nothing that could fill the void... until he was given a new opportunity by Akinjide Adeyemi, better known to the world as the second Doomfist, the Scourge of Numbani.
Adeyemi offered Ogundimu the chance to fight with him as a mercenary. Initially wary, Ogundimu accepted, and discovered that he now had an arena in which he could unleash his enhanced capabilities. Eventually, Adeyemi brought him into the Talon organization. Talon's belief that humanity would be made stronger through conflict resonated with Ogundimu's personal experiences. Moreover, Talon's power struggles presented a new challenge that allowed him to use his talent in the boardroom along with his cunning as a combatant.
Will you be giving Doomfist a test run? Let us know in the comments below!
Written by Megan Parker Posted Has 12 Comments