Dark Souls 3 named Game of the Year at Golden Joystick Awards 2016
Overwatch and The Witcher 3 pick up multiple awards.
As always, the winners were voted for by the public. This year Overwatch cleaned up, taking home 5 awards for Best Original Game, Multiplayer Game, Competitive Game of the Year, Best Gaming Moment and PC Game of the Year.
The Witcher 3 continued on from its dominance at last year's ceremony, picking up multiple awards such as Best Storytelling and Best Visual Design for expansion The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine.
Dark Souls 3 proved to be the fans favourite title from 2016, picking up Ultimate Game of the Year.
See the full list of winners below. Are these the games you would've voted for? Let us know your personal winners in the comment section!
- Best Audio: Fallout 4
- Best Gaming Moment: Play of the Game in Overwatch
- Best Gaming Performance: Doug Cockle as The Witcher 3's Geralt
- Best Gaming Platform: Steam
- Best Indie Game: Firewatch
- Best Multiplayer Game: Overwatch
- Best Original Game: Overwatch
- Best Storytelling: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Best Visual Design: The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
- Breakthrough Award: Eric Barone (Stardew Valley)
- Competitive Game of the Year: Overwatch
- Competitive Play of the Year: coldzera's jumping AWP quad kill at MLG Columbus
- Critics Choice Award: Titanfall 2
- Gaming Personality of the Year: Sean Plott (Day (9))
- Hall of Fame: Lara Croft
- Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year: Pokemon Go
- Innovation of the Year: Pokemon Go
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Eiji Aonuma
- Most Wanted Game: Mass Effect Andromeda
- Nintendo Game of the Year: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
- PC Game of the Year: Overwatch
- PlayStation Game of the Year: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Studio of the Year: CD Projekt Red
- Ultimate Game of the Year: Dark Souls 3
- Xbox Game of the Year: Rise of the Tomb Raider
- YouTube - Upcoming Personality of the Year: Jesse Cox
Written by Sam Woods Posted Has 22 Comments