UK Charts: FIFA 14 replaces Grand Theft Auto V at No.1
The battle for the top spot is heating up.
After only 1 week in the sun, GTA 5 has been knocked off the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 by FIFA 14.
FIFA 14 has debuted in first place, which comes as a surprise due to Grand Theft Auto's huge headline and sales dominance since its release. GTA V sales are down 83 per cent week-on-week, indicating that finding copies of the game in the UK is quite difficult right now.
Week one sales for FIFA are down 24 per cent from their 2013 release, 'FIFA 13'. Chart-track explain that the drop in sales is “possibly due to all the money spent last week and also perhaps due to the nature of a transitional year, where consumers may be delaying this purchase until PS4/Xbox One versions are available”.
FIFA 14 joined the Hall of Fame for games releasing simultaneously on eight formats, alongside FIFA 13 and EA’s Need for Speed: Carbon.
1. FIFA 14 (EA)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
4. PES 2014 (Konami)
5. The Last of Us (Sony)
6. Disney Infinity (Disney)
7. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
8. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
9. Diablo III (Blizzard)
10. Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
11. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
12. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (Square Enix)
13. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (WarnerBros)
14. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
15. Max Payne 3 (Rockstar)
16. Need for Speed Most Wanted (EA)
17. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
18. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
19. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
20. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
Tags: PS3, PS4, Retro, PSVita, NintendoWii, NintendoWiiU, Xbox-360, Xbox-One, PC, NintendoDS, Nintendo3DS
Written by Sam Woods Posted Has 1 Comments