Destiny's PS4 alpha saw nearly 6.5 million games played
Bungie releases some Destiny alpha stats.
Alpha testers for Destiny's PlayStation 4 pre-release testing session have logged 6,461,871 games since the doors opened on June 12th.
The gameplay tester was made available earlier this month to a select few PS4 owners, and has proved very popular with gamers.
"Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie," Bungie said on their site. "It feels like we've been reborn.
"Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we'd never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there's still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open."
Here are the alpha stats collected by Bungie during the event, take a look.
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
Did you partake in the event? Let us know what you made of Destiny in the comment box.
Written by Sam Woods Posted Has 4 Comments