UK Charts: Payday 2 successfully steals the No.1 spot
Minecraft drops a spot after 3 weeks at the top.
held by Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition, the No.1 spot hasn't been passed
around to new releases very much over the last few weeks.
Overkill Software's Payday 2 has shown to be surprisingly successful on the week of it's release, with the online bank heist game taking a different approach to marketing the game than most. Overkill have said that they did not want to spend ridiculous amounts of money advertising the game, and it seems that word of mouth from dedicated fans have helped get this game to the top of the charts this week.
Elsewhere in the charts,
Black Ops 2 climbs up the chart 4 positions to sit at No.3, behind
Minecraft and Payday 2. The Last of Us holds out at No. 6 and The Smurfs
2 drops from 3rd to 7th place. Red Dead Redemption also sneaks its way
in at 20, joining other Rockstar releases in the charts as excitement
builds for Grand Theft Auto 5.
- Payday 2
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- FIFA 13
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- The Last of Us
- The Smurfs 2
- LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
- Tomb Raider
- GTA IV
- Assassin's Creed III
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Legendary Edition
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- LEGO: The Lord of the Rings
- Far Cry 3
- Max Payne 3
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City
- Battlefield 3
- Bioshock Infinite
- Red Dead Redemption: GOTY Edition
Written by Sam Woods Posted Has 1 Comments