Dungeons follows the mis-adventures of the foremost of all Dungeon Lords, who spends his time luring heroes into his labyrinthine creations with the promise of treasure and a good fight -- only to be trapped by his ingenious devices.
However, our protagonist falls victim to a devious plot hatched by his thoroughly vile ex-girlfriend and finds himself at the bottom of the underworld hierarchy and the top of the dungeon pile which in this world is about as bad as it can get. Our Lord must have his revenge, and make his way back down the dungeon levels to his rightful place.
At his disposal are his dim-witted goblin minions who dig tunnels and build rooms to lay out his lair and trap ever stronger and braver heroes who dare to enter. It goes without saying that a malicious and sneaky creature such as our Dungeon Lord has more than a few tricks up his sleeve. Revenge will be sweet indeed.
Lesson 1 "Happy Heroes = Awesome Resources"
Your main job as a Dungeon Lord is to keep heroes happy. Yes, you read that right...you have to keep the heroes entertained - but not because you're a nice guy. No, you see a happy hero equals a hero who is rich with wonderful and powerful soul energy. That soul energy is what we in the dungeon-making trade consider a prime resource, so if you can "fatten" up heroes, they become ripe with soul energy, that you can siphon from them in prison cells and torture chambers. Mmmm…I do love a good torture chamber.
So, what sort of needs to these pesky adventurers have?
* Need for Treasure: The hero loves treasure and shiny things. He satisfies that need by stuffing his bags with the contents of a treasure chamber.
* Need for Knowledge: The hero is, frankly, a nerd and quests for knowledge to he can prove he's smarter than anyone else. He satisfies that need by reading books in libraries.
* Need for Equipment: The hero just plain loves cool stuff. If this were the modern world, he'd be the guy sitting around the electronics store waiting for the latest gadget to be released. This type of hero satisfies his cravings by stealing new items from armories.
* Need for Damage: Some heroes are just plain weird. This hero acknowledges his masochistic instincts and just loves it when monsters inflict damage on him in battle. I think I dated someone like this a while back…
* Need to cause Damage: This hero has a sadistic need to inflict damage on monsters. (now that's my kind of man!). The stronger the monster, the greater the satisfaction he gets in delivering a sound pounding to it.
* Need for Traps: Much like the damage-seeker, this “hero” is certainly one of the stranger creatures you'll meet, as he satisfies his needs by tripping traps
* Need to Heal Others: What a sweetheart (yuck!)…this hero type has a need to heal others. He satisfies it by healing other heroes with potions and healing spells you leave around the dungeon for him to discover.
You might be wondering how exactly you meet these adventurers' needs. Good, it means you're paying attention to the lesson! You meet each type of need by building specific “provider rooms,” each custom-tailored to specific needs. Here's the list of provider rooms you can build -
The different Need Provider Rooms
* Treasury: You can build treasuries wherever is space. Heroes with a Need for Treasure will automatically go to a treasury and take your precious gold from it, until it is empty. If you have enough Gold, your goblin workers will automatically refill any empty coffers, to ensure that you can satisfy all the heroes.
* Armory and Library: You can build those only in rooms (at least 2x2 tiles) of a specific type. Armories fulfill the need for equipment, while libraries fulfill the need for knowledge. There are three different types of gimmicks you can stock these rooms with.
o Interaction gimmicks are important, for they are what let the heroes use the room at all. You can only assign one interaction gimmick per room. The interaction gimmick determines the amount that a hero can "steal" from a room
o Efficiency gimmicks determine the speed at which the hero satisfies the corresponding need. Heroes can therefore satisfy their current need more quickly in a high-efficiency room than in a more inefficient room. Your goblin workers can restore the room's capacity by working on efficiency gimmicks
o Capacity gimmicks determine the supplies that the room has to offer. Every time a hero fulfills his needs in this room, the room's supply decreases.
Lastly, how do we satisfy those heroes who love to receive or inflict damage, or can't get enough trap-tripping? That's all part of the dungeon design kit, my attentive student! By using gimmicks, you can place monster spawn points or traps throughout the dungeon. When a hero passes by one, he could end up in a battle with blobs, skeletons, zombies or far worse. If you've played your cards right, you'll be able to knock out the hero, take him to your prison cells or torture chambers, and extract some soul energy, turning that pesky hero into a sort of battery filled with lovely soul energy.
There you have it, my Dungeon Lord in training, a look at what sort of turn-ons the heroes in Dungeons have, and how you can meet those needs in order to attract more targets, excuse me, “heroes”, to the dungeon – so you can capture the witless fools and steal their precious soul energy away!
|Release Date:||4th February 11|
Please Note: Any images are used for illustrative purposes only, actual products and/or packaging may differ.
Delivery - GameSeek Listings OnlyInformation on our Delivery Options can be found below. As our HQ is based in the United Kingdom we offer a Free Delivery Service to the UK customer base only.
However we do have excellent solutions also for International Delivery. For example; we offer a fast fully tracked solution to most European countries.
For all International deliveries we use Royal Mail Priority Airmail as standard.
Yes FREE DELIVERY on absolutely everything we sell! We listen to your requests and deliver!
Free UK Delivery is our economy shipping option. We also offer faster delivery services at the checkout for most items. So if your after a speedier delivery, choose a faster delivery speed at the checkout. There will be a small charge for a faster delivery solution.
How do I get FREE Super Saver Delivery?
All orders placed for delivery within the United Kingdom are eligible for Free Super Saver Delivery. This will be automatically selected for you during checkout, and no delivery cost will be incurred for UK deliveries.
Does everything on the site qualify for FREE Super Saver Delivery?
Yes. Super Saver Free UK Delivery is now available for all on site products.
Can I get FREE Super Saver Delivery if I redeem an GameSeek gift voucher?
Yes you can use your gift certificate and receive FREE Super Saver Delivery.
Terms and Conditions for Super Saver Delivery (UK)
» Applies only to orders completed for eligible products at GameSeek.
» Combining orders with purchases made for overseas delivery might affect your order's eligibility for Super Saver Delivery.
» May be used in conjunction with a promotional certificate.
» We reserve the right to change or discontinue FREE Super Saver Delivery at any time.
» Applies only to deliveries to addresses within England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and all BFPO addresses (including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
» A handful of Postcode areas in the United Kingdom will still carry a small delivery fee. As detailed in the UK Postcode Surcharge Table (Below)
|UK Postal Codes With Surcharges|
|KA27 & KA28|
|PA20 up to and including PA78|
|PH17 up to and including PH26|
|PH30 up to and including PH44|
|PH49 & PH50|
|TR21 up to and including TR25|
We are pleased to be able to ship items of upto 2kg of weight to anywhere in the world. Where we can, we will also send items that weight above 2kg. Please note that if you try to buy an item from outside the UK that weighs more than 2kg, then this may be removed from your basket at checkout. It varies from country to country however we can deliver to most European destinations parcels that weigh upto 15kg!
For all International Deliveries we offer Royal Mail Priority Airmail as standard, however for most European destinations we also offer a faster Hermes fully tracked delivery service; so lookout for this option at the checkout!
Typical delivery speeds to Europe and the Rest of the World:
Europe via Hermes Tracked: 2-3 working days
Free UK ReturnsIf your item arrives late, is damaged or has been picked incorrectly... we offer a Free UK Returns Service. Contact our Customer Service Team, let us know what happened and we will be quick to provide you with a solution, free of charge of course!
The only time you need to return the item back to us at your expense, is if you have changed your mind within 14 days from purchase. Full details can be seen below.
International Customers: Unfortunately, the returns option is not free as this is not possible. However, please contact us and we will make the returns process as easy as we can for you.
Our returns policy is in compliance with Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations, 2002.
Before returning an item to GameSeek, please read our returns policy - clearly stated below.
Within 14 days of Purchase Date:
- You may return any unopened item within 14 days of receiving it for a full refund.
- You have the right to cancel the contract relating to your order at any time up to the end of the 14 working days after you receive the goods. To exercise your right to cancellation, you must give written notice to GameSeek by email - giving details of the goods ordered and date received. Notification by phone is not acceptable. If you exercise your right of cancellation after the goods have been dispatched, you will be responsible for returning the goods to GameSeek at your own expense.
Within 30 days of Purchase Date:
- You may return any faulty/damaged goods within 30 days for a full refund.
You don't get a cooling-off period when buying:
- Something that deteriorates quickly - such as food or flowers
- An item that was personalised or custom-made for you
- A CD, DVD or Software - if you break the seal on the wrapping
Note: Do not return any item(s) before contacting us first.
Our Returns procedure involves customers receiving a Returns Authorisation number before sending the item back. Without this RA number you will not be able to return any item. If you do so, the return will not be dealt with. So please contact us first. If the return is agreed by us then you will need to put the RA number (that we will give you) clearly marked on the outside of the parcel and on a note inside the parcel. This helps us deal with returns more effectively and efficiently. You are advised to package the product adequately as we cannot accept liability for any damage incurred during delivery back to Gameseek. To request a return please Contact Us ensuring you include your order ID, contact information and detailed description of the fault. Please note that we are unable to provide technical support on any of the PC games we supply. Please make sure that the game will run on your machine before ordering as we cannot be responsible for incompatibilities with your system.
Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly. This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period. This right to a refund doesn't apply to purely digital products though - such as music, games or apps that you buy as downloads.
Please note: In compliance with the Distance Selling Regulations, any computer software that has been unsealed cannot be returned. A guide for businesses on distance selling, Page 23, 3.38: Unless you have agreed that they can, your consumers cannot cancel if the order is for: audio or video recordings or computer software that the customer has unsealed. Click here to view this article.
If you would like a returns form, please Contact Us requesting an Returns Authorisation Number.
20 challenging campaign missions demand all your cunning to succeed. Survive them – and there’s still the custom game waiting for you
In a dungeon there’s only one way you can go and that’s down. Conquer three different underworld levels and the bosses who guard them to become the one and only Dungeon Lord
Prison cells and torture chambers are at your command and ready to capture your next hero and steal their precious soul energy
Create the dungeon of your dreams (and heroes’ nightmares) with 50 different objects at your disposal
Wimpy goblin workers are awaiting your orders to create your next diabolical dungeon masterpiece